This will be based on your menstrual cycle and revolves around when ovulation (release of the egg) occurs.
- During your menstrual cycle (follicular phase), maturation occurs in the ovaries.
- In the second week, one dominant follicle develops. Estrogen in the body builds the lining of the endometrium for implantation and production of cervical mucus that protects the sperm.
- Estrogen then triggers the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) that leads to ovulation that typically occurs between days 11 to 21.
Due to modern technology, there are now more reliable and convenient tools that can help to predict ovulation.
- Ovulation kits – can be found in any pharmacy. It identifies the LH hormone in the urine.
- Electronic fertility monitors – has a hand-held monitor, oral, and vaginal sensor.
</ul Make appointment and talk to our doctors at Annandale OBGYN today! >