Having a health crisis is scary. It can also be scary when you visit your doctor and you’re not even sure which questions to ask or how to talk about what you are going through. Lichen sclerosis is a skin condition that can cause troubling symptoms, and successful treatment requires a visit to the best lichen sclerosis specialist in McLean, Virginia. Take this list of questions with you as a helpful reminder.
What Questions Should I Ask the Best Lichen Sclerosus Specialist in McLean, Virginia?
Taking the time to prepare for your appointment with the best lichen sclerosis specialist in McLean, Virginia, will go a long way toward easing your mind. Be ready to discuss your symptoms, medical history, and medications you are currently taking.
You should also take the following questions with you to your appointment:
- What is the most likely cause of my symptoms?
- What are my treatment options?
- What kind of results can I expect from treatment?
- Can lichen sclerosis be cured or is it lifelong?
- What self-care tips can you recommend?
- Are there ways to prevent a recurrence of lichen sclerosis?
- How can I keep it from getting worse?
- Am I at risk for vulvar cancer? What signs should I look for?
- How can I prevent painful intercourse?
- How often will I need to schedule follow-up visits?
What Are the Symptoms of Lichen Sclerosis?
As mentioned, this skin condition can present symptoms that can be troubling. Itching, burning, painful intercourse, bruising, tearing, and blistering can seriously impact the quality of your life. Be sure you describe your symptoms thoroughly for the best course of treatment.
What Causes Lichen Sclerosis?
The cause of lichen sclerosis is largely unknown. It is possible an overactive immune system, genetics, and/or previous damage to your skin could be the cause of this condition.
For the Area’s Top Lichen Sclerosis Specialists, Turn to Annandale Ob-Gyn!
At Annandale Ob-Gyn, your health is our #1 priority. If you are experiencing symptoms of lichen sclerosis, we encourage you to contact us at 703-288-4330 today to book your appointment. Please don’t delay treatment!