You may not have ever heard of vulvodynia, but it can lead to problems like sexual dysfunction, anxiety, and sleep disturbances. While vulvodynia can go away on its own, symptoms can last for many years without a proper diagnosis and a plan to manage the condition. Before your visit to the best vulvodynia doctor in Great Falls, Virginia, read this guide to prepare for it.
What Questions Should I Ask My Vulvodynia Doctor?
Not sure what to ask? This list will get you started:
- What exactly is causing my symptoms?
- What tests will I need for an accurate diagnosis?
- What are my treatment options?
- How long will this condition last?
- How soon will I feel better?
- Will managing vulvodynia interfere with other health conditions?
It’s also a good idea to ask for educational resources. Knowledge is power!
What Questions Will My Vulvodynia Doctor Ask Me?
Your first visit to the best vulvodynia doctor in Great Falls, Virginia involves information gathering. Your provider will ask about your medical history (current health problems, medication names/doses, etc).
They may ask any of the following questions in order to recommend the right vulvodynia treatment for you:
- How long have you had symptoms, and can you describe them?
- How would you rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10?
- Have you noticed any triggers that make your pain worse?
- Is there anything that reduces your pain?
- Do you feel pain when you go to the bathroom?
- Have you ever had pelvic surgery?
- Have you ever been pregnant? Could you be pregnant now?
- Have you been treated for urinary tract infections? Vaginal infections?
Call Annandale Ob-Gyn to Schedule Your Appointment With the Best Vulvodynia Doctor in Great Falls, Virginia!
At Annandale Ob-Gyn, you’ll find the highest level of compassionate care you deserve. Please do not delay treatment if you suspect you have vulvodynia. Contact us at 703-642-7522 today, and be on your way to better feminine health!