Have you scheduled your first visit to a gynecologist but feeling nervous? That is a completely normal feeling, but rest assured, there is nothing to worry about. If you want to ease your mind, read this quick guide to a same-day GYN appointment in Vienna, Virginia.
Please remember that your gynecological care specialist is focused on your health and is not judgemental. Be open about your concerns, ask questions (even difficult ones), and communicate any discomfort, physical or otherwise.
Establishing rapport can help create a more comfortable environment, making the appointment less awkward and more conducive to open dialogue.
What Can I Expect During a Same-Day GYN Appointment in Vienna, Virginia?
A typical first appointment includes the following:
- Check in. Be ready to fill out paperwork and have information about your medical history handy. You need to show your ID and health insurance card. If payment is required, it will be paid at this time as well.
- Check vital signs. Your weight, blood pressure, height, and pulse will all be noted in your file.
- Review medical history. Most gynecologists begin a same-day GYN appointment in Vienna, Virginia by asking about your medical history, menstrual cycle, and sexual activity.
- You’ll have a discussion. If you have questions or concerns, you’ll be given time to discuss them during your visit. Additionally, if necessary, educational resources will be shared with you.
- Your provider will conduct a physical examination. This involves a pelvic exam, Pap smear, and breast exam.
- They may do a screening or order other tests. It is routine for a gynecologist to ask for a urine sample. However, additional tests may be needed. They can usually be done during the initial visit. However, not all test results are available immediately. Therefore, you may receive results over the phone.
- You’ll be provided with a treatment plan if needed. Your provider will customize a plan for you to improve your health. After this, you can check out and leave. That’s it!
Partner With Annandale Ob-Gyn to Protect Your Reproductive Health!
Our team of providers is here for each step of your journey at every age. Call us at 703-642-7522 to book your appointment today!